03 April 2008

WMC 2008 report

Winter Music Conference in Miami last week was a blast! I've seen and danced to quite a number of my favorite Djs. Тыц-тыц-тыц. In the mix.

We kicked off WMC at RA vs. Kompakt party at The Pawn Shop on Thursday.

Dominik Eulberg [Cocoon - Ger]
Ewan Pearson [Kompakt / Fabric - UK]
Gui Boratto [Kompakt - Brazil]
SOS (Desyn Masiello, Omid 16B, Demi) -[UK] - front room





Then I switched to Nocturnal where I tried to be in two places at the same time:

The main stage hosted Anjunabeats 100 party with Above & Beyond, Andy Moor, Super8 & Tab, Mark Pledger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8b80rneF_8

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2529877458149218233&pr=goog-sl (video is taken with my tiny Panasonic camera, I was jumping, most of it sounds like noise to a lot of people)

I like trance, but today's "it music" as I see it was playing on the Nocturnal Terrace. Highlight of M_nus 10 year anniversary showcase party was of course Richie Hawtin. I saw him multiple times in Miami and the crowd seemed to like him no matter what he played. But he is great and good looking. Other M_nus folks included Magda, Marco Carola, Paco Osuna, JPLS live, Heartthrob, Ambivalent.



http://www.residentadvisor.net/photo-gallery.aspx?set=3468&page=1

Both parties were sick! Ah!!!

#

On Friday afternoon after 3 hours of sleep (who sleeps at WMC?) and a delicious breakfast on Ocean Dr. we went to BBC Radio1 Pool Party hosted by Pete Tong and Annie Mac at The Surfcomber. It was a complete disappointment for me - the crowd, the music, the line up. Even Erick Prydz who was amazing in New York, played something average. He was saving himself for Utra where I heard he rocked the place.






#


Saturday I kicked off with Beatport Pool Party at National Hotel. Amazing atmosphere, crowd and line up. I stayed for Matthew Dear & Ryan Elliott, Guy Gerber, Richie Hawtin and Paolo Mojo.


Matthew Dear
& Ryan Elliott [Spectral Sound, USA]




Guy Gerber
[Cocoon Recordings - ISR]



Sea of Sand from Late Bloomers album

Richie Hawtin [Minus - Canada]

Paolo Mojo [OOSH Music - UK]

After a 30-minute hassle with my lost debit card (I have it already, ready to go), I headed for Listed loves Mobilee Party at Townhouse Hotel Rooftop. I love Mobilee label from Berlin!

I came just in time for Pan-Pot:





Then Sebo K








And closing act till 11 pm - the one and only Anja Schneider




Amazing party, just what you need before the last night out in Miami. Without coming back to change, we headed off to The Pawn Shop (again) for Lee Burridge [UK], Loco Dice [Germany] and Marco Carola [Italy]. One dark party, amazing music. Crazy people continued through the night and day through the following day with a killer line-up. I collapsed on Sunday morning in urgent need for food. We left, but we wanted more (and I wanted some physical therapy for my knees)!

No comments: