17 April 2008

Colombia - budget

I kept track of all my expenses (freeky I know!) to see in the end how much it costs to go round the world.

.

Airfare AccomTransportFoodActivities Visa/FeesInternetGiftsOther Total

.

4482.553.35113.8519.95507.55533.7427.9

.

5.5010.316.6714.232.496.250.946.630.4653.49


First row is the total expense in USD in the category, second row is the expense per day.
Airfare is what it costs me to get into the country and fly around (I redeemed miles for NYC-Bogotá-Cartagena flight).

Transportation - local taxes, buses, boats, bikes

Activities - entrance fees to museums, etc

Visa/Fees - visa costs ($40 for Colombia) and airport taxes paid locally

Gifts - besides shoes and a wallet I got myself goldplated earrings...


So it costed me about $53 per day in Colombia with the food category being the highest. Colombia is definitely cheaper than the US, but not as cheap as I thought it would be.

Hopefully this proves useful to somebody.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, thanks for the daily lifecosts calculations on Colombia:))))))))Living myself now in Europe, with the Euro, $53, is nothing..., and also comparing to america, is also nothing, but if you thought that could less expensive then this is also possible, but not for a "gringa" used to drink and eat accordingly to the most high industrial standards of higiene and sanitation in the world, you could do it, but probably today you could be sick, and sleep also possible less expensive, but probably not in good phisical shape. Like in africa, you could live with a few dollars, but the risk of being sick and not alive, are very high. To compare, or think that "could be less" is good as information for calculations of traveling costs, but useless when compared with USA or Europe.
Good luck in Galapagos, a very nice place indeed.
Keep sending news!
FFC