07 April 2008

Farewell

Three hours to go before my alarm clock will start screaming Spirit in my life and a black car will take me away AWAY. What is taking me so long? At midnight I had to pick up a package from Latvia with two dozen of Riga postcards. Now I am ready to represent the country of my passport. I also received dark chocolate bar that I simply had to start eating immediately.

Hyped and excited I can write about my farewell party that took place on Friday. Thanks to our quick brainstorming with Roly, a perfect bar was located in East Village, New York. The key ingredient to the party was [besides me] a retro photo booth that for 4 bucks produced photo strips of our drunk and not so drunk faces. I had a blast taking those and trying to be creative with my facial expressions. Not as easy as I thought! Here is a small collage of a few photographs.



I am taking the pictures with me and imagine I will drop a tear or two looking at them on that lonely night. Thanks everyone for coming!

#
I was told by multiple people that I was living their dream. Actually, I am not. I don't even see it as living my dream. I am just living exactly the way I want to live right now. I wake up happy and go to bed happy, appreciating the last step and already excited about the very next step I will make. If I was to imagine freedom, then I would just picture myself today. Free from [...] and free to [...] Lucky to be able to do whatever without second guessing.

The two most asked questions at the party were how long my trip will last and what I will do afterwards. Can a smile be my answer? The beauty of my plan is that there is none. Except for I know I will catch a plane to Bogotá in a couple of hours. Then I plan to head down to Ecuador and Peru and I have tickets to South Africa, but plans can change. If I grow tired of traveling, I will come back. If I don't like the place, I pack and go. If I love it, I stay for as long as I want to.

a w e s o m e

[pls don't hate me]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck
FFC

Anonymous said...

Free as a bird!
All the best!

Sorry could not join you for the party.
Did not want to share with you my cold.

IS