06 April 2008

Packing - done!


If anyone is interested, below is my packing list without details what my medicine kit and toiletries contain. My backpack weights 24 pounds, daypack - 18 pounds (for the flight purposes tomorrow only). Daypack will get lighter once I finish reading all my Economists!

I was surprised to learn that clothing takes the least amount of space. In fact, my backpack is overtaken by cords and chargers, bandaids and medicine for all possible emergencies, and small containers of everything a girl might need...

#

Sleeping bag +15F, synthetic, 2lbs 12 oz
Silk Sleeping Bag Liner
Travel Towel
Hiking Shoes
Teva sandals
Flip-flops

Clothing:

Pack-It Cube #1
Thermal long underwear + thermal top
Underwear
Hiking Socks – 5 pairs
Bras

Pack-It Cube #2
Zip off pants
Cargo Pants
Shorts
3 t-shirts
1 long sleeve t-shirt
Fleece
Waterproof parka
A skirt and a top to go out

#
Hidden Travel Wallet
Water container
Nikon D70 SLR camera with cords, 3 extra memory sticks, a charger, adapter, protective bags
Wide lens for D70
Small digital camera - Lumix Panasonic DMC-FX01 with extra everything as above
iPod+extra headphones
External hard drive + universal card reader
Medicine Kit (packed my own)
Toiletries
90% DEET
Water purification tablets
Sunblock

Other:
Compass
Sewing kit
Leatherman Micra
A knife
Zip locks
Extra stuff bag
Guidebook
Electronic dictionary
Diary
Notebook
Pictures + postcards
Pens

--

As you can see I am not big on warm clothing, which I plan to accumulate as I go on as needed basis. I want to believe I packed light, smart and practical.

No comments: