25 March 2008

Did I travel too much before RTW?

The guidebook has arrived! The Colombian visa has been obtained! Wisdom tooth is gone! A new problem has emerged! I am running out of blank pages in my passport - have only 6 two-sided pages left. Given that I need visas for at least 7 African countries and beforehand I am planning to enter 5 countries in South America, I am puzzled. Every time I enter the US, I get a stamp on a new page. I have another stamp from Mexico and so on. Even if I don't require a visa to enter a country, my passport is stamped (Europe is the exception). The question is whether a visa can be attached on top of other entrance stamps. Any idea? Given the experience of loosing my passport, I know it takes 4 months to get a new one through my embassy in Washington DC. Is it a lucky day for my mum? Will I have to cancel my trip midway and return to Latvia to get a new passport? No clue.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get a passport as soon as possible. You may for sure run on troubles. Some countries allow two passports, mainly if you visit Arab countries and Israel for many various reasons like business, etc, or under other special conditions. Without any kind of "offense", 4 months for a new passport, seems to me on the XXI century, the worst delivery on the planet, even on an embassy.

FFC

Dudado said...

unfortunately, 3-4 mo is the reality. i called them two days ago. i can do it faster if i fly back to Latvia, which is, given my schedule, out of the question. i will hope i will manage somehow or shorten the list of countries on my itinerary.

Anonymous said...

Good luck,:)
FFC