24 March 2009

Indian stories - part 6 - Udaipur

Udaipur was a lot of fun. I got stuck there for 5 days because of Diwali or rather because of overbooked trains and buses in the whole country.

Finally I could relax and enjoy the view from the guest house's roof top.

My personal top in Udaipur:

- walking away from the touristy area one day before Diwali and during Diwali festival, experiencing the "shopping" fever in the local markets, eating Diwali sweets, seeing celebrations, festive dresses, games, fireworks and other traditions





Somebody even noticed my reflection in the black eyes of this cute girl:




- taking a car with a driver and going into Indian countryside - It can be quite in India. I tasted custard apples for the first time. Married women in the part of Rajasthan wear large nose rings. I managed to get one decent picture. I have hard times taking pictures of people, or rather asking for permission




- Udaipur town itself with its nice









Set of my best pictures from Udaipur

No comments: