13 August 2008

Summing up - souvenirs

I have not shown my souvenirs since Colombian times. In fact, I do not have that much to show. I think souvenir shopping in Peru built a great immune system against shopping anywhere else. Bolivian stalls even though cheaper did not make my heart jump. I have seen it all in Peru. I have spent days bargaining for it all in Cuzco.

These is alpaca hat (chullo) and matching socks, woolen socks and mittens.



Silver in Peru is cheap and quite pretty, but the eye gets tired after a week of the same designs...

From left to right - my precious chacana (or Inca cross), which I guess can be considered the most important symbol of Inca culture', jewelry with coca leaves (hojo de coca), and a carved alpaca (or lama? or camel?) from stone.



In Bolivia I just bought a handmade belt that I am using as my camera strap.



The theme in Brazil was the Brazilian flag. I got myself Havaianas flip flops with a tiny Brazilian, sarong of the Brazilian flag's colors and a Gilson Martins' ipod case with Christ the Redeemer.

No comments: