14 July 2008

Iguazu Falls

I am not a big fan of waterfalls. I am more impressed by the mountains. Call me weird. So I was curious how much I would enjoy the waterfalls. Skipping all the details let me tell you they are (of course) amazing, just like everybody says they are. The roar of the falling water, perfect rainbows, water clouds do overwhelm. Besides hiking through both Brazilian and Argentinean sides, I took a boat trip on the Argentinean side. We approached "little" waterfalls (little compared to Devil´s Throat) and I got soaking wet. The waterfalls are so strong I could not open my eyes to look at them. Then I saw that the boats actually do not even approach the waterfalls that close...

Amazing experience, an absolute MUST for anyone coming to this region.

Set on flickr

No comments: