16 July 2008

Buenos Aires aka BA

I am starting my blogger´s life in Buenos Aires. I have yet again changed my mind about the itinerary. I decided not to go north from Rio due to off-season, costs and personal considerations. I figured settling down for a month before two months in Africa and another two months in India can do me good. I also can actually learn some Spanish. Four weeks of 20 hours per week combined with Spanish environment could really boost my Spanish (vs say 2 weeks).

So after some hostel hopping (my new traveller´s slang - you change the cities, but spend a good chunk of time in a hostel meeting new backpackers) in Rosario and Córdoba I have arrived this morning to BA. From an overnight bus (finally I found that bus service that so many were talking about - yes, you can wine with your food or whiskey after!) straight to craigslist and a phone booth. I am looking to rent a room in a shared apartment for a month. The result of the first day? I am SUPER SUPER tired. I figured I spent as many nights on a bus as in a hostel. More than that, all hostels had one thing in common - shitty mattresses. My back hurts! And tonight won´t be any better. I can´t wait to find the accommodation for this month with a decent bad and a wardrobe!!! But first things first - I want to stupidly sleep in front of TV for a day or two. I want to get myself out of backpacker´s state of mind for a month.

My first BA observation while running around (I hope to publish a lot - sort of "daily life in uberhyped BA") - BA has gone absolutely wifi. It seems that all buildings are wifi, most of the corner coffee shops are wife. It is a laptop geek paradise. WHERE IS MY LAPTOP?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You want to be on my couch watching your dance shows!!!

Dudado said...

I do, indeed! It just that your couch is too far away! Not even in NY!

Anonymous said...

my couch and my TV are waiting for you (in NY and CA)