28 February 2008

Just pick up the phone!

Just had a super nice conversation with SAS Travel in Peru, my Inka trail hike organizers. It's just so easy to call, talk, ask questions, get advise. Sitting in New York City Cuzco seems so far away, different, somewhat scary and unknown, but then a quick call and I realize it's all gonna be fine, actually more than fine, FANTASTIC.

Following the same logic, I called my travel agent in Quito, Ecuador. Instead of emailing back and forth we just discussed a number of Galapagos Islands boats. Having spent hours on the internet, I know all the cruises and their routes. This website lists all of them with absolutely outdated pricing, but correct itineraries. In the end I am getting a pretty good deal for an 8-day cruise - $1,100.

I think my itinerary is working out! The first month in South America will be hectic, more hectic than I would have preferred, but I will slow down right after a hike to Machu Picchu.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

when do you start your trip? and for how long? and are you coming back to nyc or not?

aluch

Dudado said...

my South American trip starts on April 7 for 3 months, then I am coming back to New York for a week and then leaving for Africa/India/South East Asia