14 July 2009

10 days LEFT in Indonesia

I am sitting in a nice cafe with wifi in the middle of another country in Indonesia. It is called Kuta, Bali. It is the surfers' paradise with waves that seem not to end, millions of surf board shops, restaurants, bars and population of average age 25, white fit male that just stepped off Billabong advertisement. Rio is nothing compared to Kuta. Jeffrey's Bay was never found on the map...

Why am I here? It's been 17 days since I arrived to Indonesia. I saw the other Bali first (Ubud and the temples), relaxed on Gili Meno, discovered Lombok, made my way on a crappy boat to Komodo & Rinca, Flores islands to see some dragons and nice corals. Today I flew back to Bali to connect to Sulawesi. All the seats were sold out, so I got stuck for the night here. I left my backpack at the airport and decided to enjoy the civilized world before I head back to the real Indonesia. I am actually enjoying Kuta's vibe for the night.

I have all the gritty details as always but... I have been hoping to update my blog, but Indonesian internet is not cooperating with me at all. I cannot upload any pictures and it's been killing me. One day...

No comments: