23 May 2008

La Paz

Today I am tour shopping all day. It is quite tiring and confusing. I can go by boat to the jungle&pampas. I can fly and do pampas or/and jungle trip. Then there are interesting hikes not too far away from La Paz and, of course, I could climb Huayna Potosi (6088 m). They said it is the easiest peak to conquer for an average human being without significant training. But it is a really hard job at very high altitude. The last day you are mountain climbing in the snow with axes and the equipment I have never seen in my life. Just for comparison reasons, the highest mountain in the North America is Mount McKinley (6,194m), Africa - Mount Kilimanjaro (5,895m), Mount Elbrus (5,642 m)– highest in Caucasus, and Europe - Mont Blanc (4,810 m). 3 day/2nights trip sounds ehhhhh challenging. I am seriously thinking of doing it. Can I do it?

No comments: