16 February 2009

New Management Science

I invented new type of management – free passport space management. It involves a number of stages:

  1. Stressing out about failure to persuade the immigration officer to stamp passport on a certain page
  2. Choosing strategically a smiling immigration officer
  3. Smiling intensively and asking in the sweetest voice NOT to stamp a blank page
  4. Stressing out even more when the officer shuffles hopelessly through the passport
  5. Standing on toes to see what's going on behind the counter
  6. Hear the "execution", i.e. passport being stamped
  7. Check eagerly the passport. Upon success, booking another trip immediately. Upon failure, rethink the next 4 months in Asia.

At this point of time I have 2 blank pages in my passport. I need one page for Thailand for visa-on-arrival and the second for non-persuaded immigration officer. So far I managed with my new management science to get a single entry visa-sticker to Indonesia on a used page and two entry/exit stamps to Malaysia on used passport pages. It is getting harder by an hour. Ideally I will save my extra space for Indonesia or Vietnam or Cambodia in the summer break.

No comments: